Features added to TestArchitect 7.0
This topic describes the changes made in TestArchitect version 7.0.
It is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect.
TestArchitect License Server now has a dedicated stand-alone installer.
Replication is a process that maintains synchronization between two or more repositories anywhere in the world, allowing users in different locales to work collaboratively on projects.
- New Quick Start page: The Quick Start page provides quick access to basic tasks such as connecting to a repository, creating a new project, and recording a test module.
- Test module template: A basic test module template is provided to get you started with the Action-Based Testing methodology.
- Test case steps: Test case steps enable you to define a sequence of events and a test result for each test case.
- Test case and test module buttons: Toolbar buttons are now available for quickly creating a new test case or a new test module.
- TA item URLs: Each TA item has a unique URL, making it easy for you to access any item by clicking its link..
- Create new action from action lines: Creating new actions from action lines is a smart and easy way to create new actions.
- Picture capturing tool: Use this tool to capture on-screen images and save them as a baseline or picture.
- Device Live Screen: Displays the screen of a connected device for testing of mobile devices.
- Enhancements to existing features:
- History roll back: Create a new version of a test case using the content of an earlier version (use this instead of deleting the current version).
- Reporting: Graphic design has been enhanced to increase usability.
- Screentips identify control class: Hold your cursor over a control to view the control’s TA class.
- Automation problem dialog box: More information is now included in error messages, making it easier for you to debug issues.
- User permission: You can now define permissions across an entire project.
- TA list view: Columns in TA list view have been enhanced to increase usability.
- Edit command (context menu) The Edit command (accessed from the context menu) assists you with editing items such as interface entities and datasets.
- Harness sample: Harness samples have been provided to make it easier for you to get started developing an automation harness.
- Process for updating/deleting test cases and objectives: Updating and deleting test cases and test objectives needs to follow the process to ensure data integrity. (Refer to test cases and test objectives for details.)
- Playback toolbar: A toolbar with Stop, Pause, and Resume buttons is available when tests are run.
- Action recorder: Graphic design of the Action Recorder has been improved to increase usability.
- Create New Item form: The Create New Item form has been simplified.
- Test result: Test results have been redesigned to increase usability.
- The following browsers are now supported: Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 14, Chrome 21. (Refer to Testing web applications for details.)
- Support is now available for Android 2x, 3x, 4x.
- Support is now available OCR and image comparison (Windows and Android)
- report check action: Allows you to report passed/failed results to test results
- wait for property action: Enables wait for a specified value of a property of a control or window
- capture screen action: Enables you to perform a screen capture and save it as an image
- Deprecated: use frame setting
- Deprecated: Hierarchy mode
- The use interface setting is now optional