Contains information of supported Microsoft technologies.
Currently, TFS integration supports the Microsoft technologies listed below:
Team Foundation Server:
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2018, 2017 Update 2, 2017 Update 1, 2015, 2015 Update 1 (learn more).Note:If you use TFS 2018, be aware of its substantial changes:
- XAML Build has been deprecated. Furthermore, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) no longer supports XAML builds
- Using Test Center/Lab Center in MTM for automated testing is no longer supported by TFS, starting with TFS 2018. Accordingly Build vNext and the Test Hub in the TFS web portal are ideal replacements for respective XAML Build and MTM.(See also: Team Foundation Server 2018 Release Notes)
Microsoft Visual Studio, including Microsoft Test Manager:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Update 2, 2017 Update 1 (Enterprise and Professional editions)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2015 Update 4 (Enterprise, Professional and Test Professional editions).
Microsoft Test Controller for Visual Studio:
Test controller for Visual Studio 2015, 2015 Update 1.Note:Choose to download and install Agents for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 5. This package includes installation of both test controllers and test agents.
Test controller for Visual Studio 2013.
Microsoft Agents for Visual Studio:
Test agent for Visual Studio 2015, 2015 Update 1.Note:Choose to download and install Agents for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 5. This package includes installation of both test controllers and test agents.
Test agent for Visual Studio 2013.
TFS test suites: types of TFS test suites supported in Team Foundation Server-Microsoft Test Manager integration are as follows (learn more):
- static test suites
- requirements-based suites.
- For test scenarios using Visual Studio 2015 or Team Foundation Server 2015, whether on-premise or cloud-based, support for launching automated tests is limited to Microsoft Test Manager 2015 with Microsoft test controller and Microsoft test agent for Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 (Note that these are Microsoft-imposed constraints).
- Running automated tests from Team Foundation Server’s web portal for Microsoft Visual Studio is currently not supported.