target browser instance
Determine if the navigate built-in action opens a new tab, a new window instance, or overwrites the currently active instance with a new URL.
Important:This setting is dedicated to Generic WebDriver.
- existing: (Default) Overwrite the currently active browser instance with the new URL.
- new window: Open the new URL in a new window instance
- new tab: Open the new URL in a new tab.
- This built-in setting only takes effect, if the window argument of the navigate built-in action is omitted.
- If the window argument of the navigate built-in action is specified, it will choose the exact browser window upon which the URL is navigated to.
- To support backward compatibility for your project, if necessary, you might use this built-in setting as a startup setting with a desired value.
Suppose you have the following the scenario:
- Open Google Search to carry out test actions.
- Open Wikipedia in a new tab to carry test actions.
- Open Yahoo Mail in in the currently active web instance, overriding the current URL.