does menu item exist
Return a Boolean value to indicate whether a specified item on a menu exists.
TA name of the window.
(Optional/Mandatory based on platform – see the Notes section below) TA name of the menu control.
Menu item or menu item path (see Notes).
(Optional) Variable to receive the returned Boolean value.
Possible returned values:
Item not found.
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- menu argument:
- The menuargument does not apply in the case of an AUT with a user interface based on the Windows API; in such cases, the argument should be omitted.
- For other platforms, the menu control of interest should be captured as an interface element and passed to this action through themenu argument.
- item argument:
- Menu items are identified by their caption properties.
- If a menu path of more than one item must be specified, use arrow symbols ( -> ) as delimiters between menu items. For example,
- variable argument:
- If the variable in argumentvariablehas not been declared, the action creates it as a global.
- If the variable argument is left empty, TestArchitect supplies a global variable with the name _result.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
This action is applicable to the following controls: menu.