The requested page is not available for selected version.
Define a global variable and (optionally) assign a value to it, or assign a value to an existing global variable.
Name of the global variable.
(Optional) Value to assign to the variable.
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- A global variable, subsequent to its declaration, is visible throughout all test modules and invoked actions within one execution run.
- For a given execution of global variable, if name specifies a global variable that already exists, the action merely assigns a new value (in the value argument) to the existing variable.
- Restrictions on usage:
- A variable may not be declared within a use data set block if it has the same name as any of the data set headers.
- Same-named local and global variables may not be declared within the same local variable scope level.
- Use variables within pound sign (#) expressions to access their contained values.
Applicable Built-In Settings
The following settings are applicable to this action: remove double quotes from cells.