Features added to TestArchitect 8 Update 2
This topic describes the changes made in TestArchitect version 8 update 2.
- Before upgrading to the latest version of TestArchitect, it is strongly recommended that you back up all repositories.
- A TestArchitect client and any repository server to which it connects must be of the same version.
- XML supported built-in actions
- New AbtXML class supported with the following harness function:
- Query: Run an XPath query against an XML string.
- Class mapping for Android: Class mapping helps you map unknown Android controls to known TestArchitect control classes, so that TestArchitect can use its existing built-in actions to recognize and handle those controls.
Enhancements to existing features
Improvements for re-signing iOS applications:
- Solutions enhanced so that re-signing iOS apps works more stably on various types of applications.
- During the re-signing process, the .ipa app extension is now optional.
Generic Android ta class is no longer supported; instead, new and existing Android ta classes have been created and improved.Note:If you already have captured generic Android controls in prior versions of TestArchitect, you may continue using them in this version by contacting TestArchitect Support at [email protected].
get text file built-in action: File extensions are not taken into consideration, as long as they are text or word-processing files.