The requested page is not available for selected version.
Importing a source file into a data set
How to import data from a single external source file into a TestArchitect data set.
In the TestArchitect explorer tree, right-click the Data node in your project, and then select New Data Set.
Fastpath: Ctrl + N
In the New Data Set dialog box, enter the details for the data set:
- Name: Name to be assigned to the data set.
- Description: (Optional) Short description for the data set .
- Data source file: Click to browse to the external source file to import its data into the data set.
Select an external source file in the Select dialog box.Note:
- You must have full read permissions for the external source file.
- TestArchitect only supports the import of two file types: .csv and .txt files. The files must contain tab-delimited text lines.
A new data set with data imported from the specified external source file appears as a node beneath the Data node. The row actions are also automatically generated in the first column of the imported data.