ExportFromPath command (Import/Export tool)
Export a project item, identified by its TA path, to a file.
java -jar TAImportExportTool.jar --ExportFromPath [--server<value>] [--port<value>] --uid<value> --pwd<value> --repoName<value> --projectName<value> --source<value> --destinationFile<value> --outputType<value> [--overwrite<true|false>] [--includePictureChecks<yes|no>]
An executable .jar file used to invoke the Import/Export tool.
The file can be found at TA_INSTALL_DIR\binclient.
Invoke the export project items function.
(Optional, default = localhost) Full hostname or IP address of the repository server in which the repository is to reside.Note:If this argument is not defined, localhost is used as the default.
(Optional, default = 53400) Port number of the repository server.Note:
- If this argument is set to 0 or not defined, the default port number 53400 is used.
- If port number of the source repository server has been changed from its TestArchitect default of 53400, ensure that the correct port number is specified.
User name with which to log in to repository.Note:If the user namecontains any spaces, enclose it between a pair of double quotation marks.
Password for the given user name.
Name of the source repository.Note:If the repository namecontains any spaces, enclose it between a pair of double quotation marks.
Name of the source TestArchitect project.Note:If the project namecontains any spaces, enclose it between a pair of double quotation marks.
TA path of the project item to be exported.
Value must start with a forward slash ( / ), and provide a full (non-case sensitive) TA path, starting with the Tests node as root.
For example: /Tests/Action-based Testing Basics/Action Based TestingNote:If the source pathcontains any spaces, enclose it between a pair of double quotation marks.
Location into which the exported file is to be written.Note:
- If the specified path does not include a file name, the name is automatically generated.
- Network paths are also supported.
- If the pathcontains any spaces, enclose it between a pair of double quotation marks.
Type of file to export to.
Allowable values are:
csv: Applicable to the Tests node, test folders, test modules, and test cases.
html: Applicable to the Tests node, test folders, test results.
zip: Applicable to test modules, data sets, actions, interface entities, test results, test result folders and shared picture checks.Note:For a shared picture check, the exported .zip file contains .png files of the baseline variations.
txt: Applicable to actions, interface entities, the Tests node, test folders, test modules, test cases, and data sets.
(Optional, default = false) Specifies whether the existing file, if any, should be overwritten.Note:If this parameter is not specified, or its value is empty, its value defaults to false.
(Optional, default = yes) Specifies whether the regular picture checks belonging to the target test module are to be exported.Note:
- If this parameter is not specified, or its value is empty, its value defaults to yes.
- This parameter is only applicable to test modules. For other project items, it is simply ignored.
- Only .zip files are supported as export targets.
Example: Exporting test modules including regular picture checks