The maximum wait time for an item to become available or, depending on the action involved, unavailable.
An item can be one of the following:
- tree node
- menu item
- list item (that is, an item in a list view, list box, or combo box)
- table cell
- An item is available when it is visible, enabled, or it has a bounding rectangle.
- In the case of tree nodes and menu items: TestArchitect waits within the time-out, specified by item wait, for each level of the node path, or the menu path.
- For example (assuming the default setting of 3 seconds is in effect):
- Check the existence of tree node: node A > node B > node C: the automation waits up to 3 seconds for each sequential node to become available.
- Check for the nonexistence of tree node: node A > node B > node C:
- The automation waits up to 3 seconds for node A to become available;
- Upon node A’s appearance, the automation waits up to 3 seconds for node B to become available;
- Upon node B’s appearance, the automation waits up to 3 seconds for node C to become unavailable.