select menu item
Select an item on the specified menu.
TA name of the window.
(Optional/Mandatory based on platform – see the Notes section below) TA name of the menu control.
Menu item or menu item path (see Notes).
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- menu argument:
- The menu argument does not apply in the case of an AUT with a user interface based on the Windows API; in such cases, the menu argument should be omitted.
- For other platforms, the menu control of interest should be captured as an interface element and passed to the check menu item exists action through the menu argument.
- item argument:
- Menu items are identified by their caption properties.
- If a menu path of more than one item must be specified, use arrow symbols ( -> ) as delimiters between menu items. For example,
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
This action is applicable to the following controls: menu.