get toolbar menu state
Retrieve the state of a specified item on a drop-down menu hosted by a toolbar button (that is, a drop-down menu that appears when user clicks a button on a toolbar).
TA name of the window.
TA name of the toolbar control.
Button, as identified by its captionor index value.
Menu item or menu item path (see Notes).
(Optional) Variable to receive the returned value.
Possible returned values:
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- item argument:
- Menu items are identified by their caption properties.
- If a menu path of more than one item must be specified, use arrow symbols ( -> ) as delimiters between menu items. For example,
- variable argument:
- If the variable in argumentvariablehas not been declared, the action creates it as a global.
- If the variable argument is left empty, TestArchitect supplies a global variable with the name _result.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
The following settings are applicable to this action: case sensitive, ignore blank space, remove double quotes from cells, standard ASCII only, item wait, object wait, value changed wait, window wait, load invisible controls.
This action is applicable to the following controls: toolbar