wait for window close
Wait a specified amount of time for a given window to close before executing the next action line.
TA name of the window.
(Optional) Maximum time to wait (units: seconds; default = current value of the window wait built-in setting – see note below).
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- If the given window does not close before the specified timeout, a warning is generated. By default (that is, unless the notice level setting has been modified in your test) you are presented with a modal dialog box asking whether to continue the test.
- If the given window does not close before the specified timeout, a warning is generated. You are presented with a modal dialog box asking whether to continue the test.
- If no value is specified for the time out argument, the current value of the built-in setting window wait is used. window wait, if not otherwise set in a setting action line, defaults to a value of 20 seconds.
- Whenever possible, it is recommended that you use the built-in window wait setting, along with the appropriate built-in action, in lieu of wait for window close.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
Suppose that while testing a multi-window application, you have a window that pops up and you want to wait for that window to disappear, before the next action line in the test is executed.