set text file
Write text to a file.
Full path of target file.
Text to be written to the file.
(Optional) Type of action to be taken.
(Default) Create a new file and write the text to that file.
Append the text to the current contents of an existing file.
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- Observe the following format for the file path:
- Windows platform: Use backward slashes as separators for the path.
- Linux platform: Use forward slashes as separators for the path. (Note that network paths are not supported.)
- Note that this built-in action is not currently supported on macOS or mobile platforms.
- This built-in action supports files with extension: .txt, .log, .dat.
- type argument:
- If the specified value is new, but the file already exists, TestArchitect automatically overwrites the existing file with the new file.
- If the specified value is append, but the file does not exist, TestArchitect automatically creates a new file and writes the text to the newly created file.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
The following settings are applicable to this action: remove double quotes from cells.