get text file
Retrieve the contents of a text or word-processing file.
Full path of target file.
Variable to receive the returned contents.
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- Observe the following format for the file path:
- Windows platform: Use backward slashes as separators for the path.
- Linux platform: Use forward slashes as separators for the path. (Note that network paths are not supported.)
- Note that this built-in action is not currently supported on macOS or mobile platforms.
- On Windows: In order to specify mapping network drives, please disable User Account Control (UAC).
- File extensions are not taken into consideration, as long as they are text or word processing (.doc and .rtf) files.
- In order for TestArchitect to read .doc and .rtf format files, you must have Microsoft Word 2003 or later installed on your computer.
- variable argument:
- If the variable in argumentvariablehas not been declared, the action creates it as a global.
- If the variable argument is left empty, TestArchitect supplies a global variable with the name _result.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
The following settings are applicable to this action: remove double quotes from cells.