Delete a specified folder and its contents.
Full path of target folder.
(Optional) Force the folder to be deleted (Linux platform only; see note).
(Default) Force deletion, if necessary.
Do not attempt to force deletion.
This action may be used within the following project items: test modules and user-defined actions.
- Observe the following format for the folder path:
- Windows platform: Use backward slashes as separators for the path.
- Linux and Android platforms: Use forward slashes as separators for the path. (Note that network paths are not supported.)
- Note that this built-in action is not currently supported on the macOS or iOS platforms.
- The delete folder action does not distinguish between folders that are empty and those that are not. The specified folder is deleted regardless of whether or not it has contents.
- The force argument applies only to the Linux platform. Forced deletion is automatic with Windows (that is, the forced argument is ignored.) Forced deletion is performed on hidden or read-only folders and subfolders. However, forced deletion will not take place if the folder has been locked by another process.
- A warning is issued if the folder specified in folder is not found to exist.
- This action supports the <ignore> modifier. If the string
<ignore>is present as the value of any of the arguments, or any argument contains an expression that evaluates to
<ignore>, the action is skipped during execution.
The following settings are applicable to this action: remove double quotes from cells.